Sunday, August 18, 2013

Is the Fiberglass in Your Attic or Walls Causing Cancer?

Half of my brain experienced a moment of shock when I saw this article, the other half kind of uttered "well, duh!" simultaneously.  Nothing about this article should have surprised me one bit.

Fiberglass, I'm sure is part of the problem.  Flame retardants may very well be another issue, but I don't remember reading about flame retardants in this article.  My husband and I are looking for insulation for our attic, but even the organic ones that my husband found aren't exactly "organic" because of the flame retardants.  Please don't misunderstand me, I understand why the flame retardants are there, however, I also wonder about why we don't have a choice about whether or not we want them in the insulation.  It's starting to look as though if we want one without the flame retardants, we would need to make it ourselves.

If I'm incorrect about that last statement and you know of insulation brands that don't use flame retardants; please advise me.  It would be nice to just have that choice available before I make a purchase.

Is the Fiberglass in Your Attic or Walls Causing Cancer?

No comments:

Post a Comment