Tuesday, February 19, 2013

More On the Menu

My Menu has decreased considerably over the last couple of months.  The GAPS diet gave me one unexpected pleasure that I am grateful for; it actually expanded my menu.  It didn't expand it much, but enough to give me things to snack on during the day.  There are even desserts that I can have, although I had to get creative.

I can't have any starches, but my nutritionist allowed me one starch that I can make crackers and other stuff from.  I used to use a little xylitol and stevia to sweeten certain foods, but my nutritionist suggested honey.  She said that honey doesn't feed yeast and since I eat such a small amount of honey anyway, she said that she even preferred honey over the other sweeteners for me.

I actually have a diet that is tolerable now that there are more things on my menu.  I've actually came up with recipes for VERY healing foods as well and I can see that the candida is slowly starting to finally go away.  I just hope that it STAYS away this time.  It went away when I ate nothing but meat and vegetables for two weeks, but the moment I started eating manna bread, it slowly started to come back.  I'm hoping that this time, it doesn't come back.  I look forward to the introductory GAPS diet whenever I'm able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment