Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Journey Back To Health

I don't want to live in California, but I miss feeling as healthy as I was when I lived there.  I didn't get cold or flu and fatigue was something that was way in my past.  Because I now live in a state that doesn't get as much sun, I can feel a dramatic difference in my health and it can be a bit daunting sometimes.

I know that wanting to be healthy is not an impractical desire and I also know that it's possible for me to be healthy again.  This is why I welcome this GAPS diet journey even though I have a long road ahead.  I'm even excited about this diet because I've got high hopes that this is exactly what I need in order to finally get my health back.  I feel so strongly about this, in fact, that I even believe moving here was a blessing in disguise.  I needed this weather to show me that there was something incomplete and the GAPS diet may be just the thing to completely repair what needed attention for years whether I've know it or not.  If this is what this move was all for, then I'm so glad that I have moved.

I'm starting with the full GAPS diet and I will be doing the introductory GAPS diet early next year.  There are certain foods (healthy foods, of course) that I miss, but I'll be able to eat them once I'm off the GAPS diet and that is enough for me.

I remember Deepak Chopra said that the concept holistic and the concept of health and healing all mean something similar.  He said that they refer to returning to a memory of wholeness.  In other words, health is wholeness and holistic medicine is a practice that seeks the return to wholeness.  Who can argue with that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment