Saturday, February 23, 2013

Heal Wounds Naturally

I'll bet that there are many who think that honey is only good for things like tea and toast.  Of course, people use it to sweeten many other foods like their cereal.  Then there are others who use honey for when they are sick; for example, honey is good for a cough.  But these are all only PART of what honey can do!  Honey is a powerful microbial killing healer.

I hurt my thumb a few days ago.  I didn't even think that I needed a bandage for it, it bled a little and then it stopped.  For days, it was a little tender.  Actually, it was VERY tender.  Okay, it was bleeding on and off for two or three days straight and last night it was not only very, very tender but also warm and a little swollen.  I started to think that it may have been infected.

Two nights ago, I spread some manuka honey on it and wrapped a band-aid around it before I went to sleep.  In the morning I spread more manuka honey on it and put another band-aid on it.  I did this again last night and now my thumb barely hurts at all; even when I put pressure on it.  I can feel that it is finally healing.  I tried soaking it in disinfectant a few days before I tried the honey, but it didn't heal it quite as effectively nor as gently.

I don't know about you, but I will never see honey quite the same.  Even on my diet to eliminate candida overgrowth my nutritionist preferred honey over xylitol!  I can see how xylitol is good for some people; for me, however, honey is going to be the way to go if I'm heading for my health.


No comments:

Post a Comment