Monday, February 25, 2013

Kombucha Experiment

I've tried experimenting with a batch of kombucha two weeks ago.  I tried using less sugar and I used coconut palm sugar instead of cane sugar.  It produced a SCOBY, but the tea was flat... no fiz at all.

I'm going to keep experimenting.  I actually put probiotic cultures in one batch and it worked, but I feel like I need to try again with another batch... one with less sugar.

My nutritionist said that the cultures are great for me, so she wants me to have kombucha.  She only cautions me to drink a little each day and not overdo it.  I don't mind that, I feel really good on kombucha so I'm trying to make a batch that I could have more of.  Since the main thing that she is concerned about is sugar, then I try to make a batch with as little sugar as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment