Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lotsa Cultured Veggies!

I posted on facebook about one particular reason that I'm excited about GAPS.  I didn't mention in my last post that this diet will force me to make lots and lots of cultured vegetables.  I love, love, love cultured vegetables.  They take a little bit of time to make so sometimes I just eat my veggies raw, but I'm not suppose to eat raw vegetables right now.  I'm supposed to eat them either cooked or cultured and since I prefer them cultured, I will be making a LOT of cultured vegetables in the days to come.  I just need to be disciplined about waiting until they are fully fermented before eating them.

I've recently made some VERY good cultured vegetables.  I'm also experimenting with Kombucha.  I'm trying a different sugar and I'm trying to feed it less sugar and more tea.  I'm hoping that it would be less alcoholic but still produce many cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment