Sunday, November 28, 2010

Product Faves (Part 2)

Synergy (available at Whole Foods and other health food stores) is a product that I missed desperately, but thank goodness it's back on the market.  I really didn't realize how much I relied on this product until it was taken off the shelves.  If I understand correctly, there was a higher content of alcohol in it than the labels said.  However, the problem is now fixed and it is back on the market.  In my opinion, the levels of alcohol wasn't enough to hurt anyone even before it was taken off the shelves.

I was on antibiotics as a kid… a lot. Ironically, I only had one major bacterial infection. I just remember that after taking a throat culture, the doctor would tell my parents to start me on antibiotics “just in case” and the next morning the culture was almost always negative. It was negative every single time except ONE time when I had Strep in second grade. By the time I was a young adult I would frequently get these black scaly rashes on my skin and later found that it was due to Candida (despite what an MD told me). I haven’t had an attack in years. Synergy is one of many reasons why, but I admit that it was one of my favorite reasons why because it’s so tasty. Although some people like my husband feel that it is an acquired taste. It does have a faint vinegary smell and taste; but because I drink it all the time I don’t even smell or taste that vinegary quality anymore.

One of my favorite qualities about the Synergy product is that they don't put sugar in it. Other Kambucha products use cane sugar to feed the Kombucha. Because I’ve never seen sugar in the Synergy drink ingredients I believe they use the natural sugar in fruit juices to feed it. So I don’t have to worry about feeling spacey after drinking it. Although, because Kombucha eats sugar, I may not have to worry about other Kombucha products either; but why chance it when you have a product like Synergy?
What do you think of think of this product? Have you ever tried it?

No comments:

Post a Comment