Friday, November 26, 2010

Discontinued Products (Part 1)

Organiclean was one of the more recent of my favorite products to be taken off the market. According to my husband’s research, the company went out of business. This came to no surprise to me since (before I received this news) I tried calling the number on the bottle and 411ed for alternative numbers and consistently reached nothing more than a busy signal.
I used to use this product daily and always made sure I was well stocked. It was one of those things that I didn’t realize how much I relied on until it was gone. Fruits and vegetables are a VERY important part of my diet, especially greens. I try to eat as many greens as I can. Preparing greens, however, can be very tedious. My favorite greens, kale, can be even more tedious because there is a lot of dirt on the leaves and that takes some time to clean off. Organiclean was a product that cleaned this dirt off beautifully. It says that it also removes pesticides so when I eat conventionally grown produce like grapefruits, I used to spray a little Organiclean and scrub the fruit with a brush. I even used it to wash my hands because the ingredients were so gentle, but it did such a great job removing dirt.
Since Organiclean was taken off of the market, I have searched for another veggie cleaner that is remotely as effective and I am still currently searching. Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment