Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Living with Depression (Part 1)

This post is especially for those who live with depression or who has a loved one who lives with depression.  Depression is very difficult for people and their families to live with because it is one of those silent demons.  Someone with depression can just look like a very unhappy person, when the truth is that person is ill.  I know because I’ve suffered from it for most of my life.

Ever read a story written by someone who is going through a depression episode?  Perhaps it sounds like a death fantasy or it is about someone who is all alone or angry at the world.  Try to perceive the world as light and darkness.  What is done in light is seen by everyone around, what is done in darkness is more difficult to see.  Depressed people are often angry with or ashamed of themselves.  I can remember whenever I had an episode, I loved being in my room in the dark.  Daylight frightened me when I had an episode because it meant I had to get up and do something; I had to live.  Living scared me because life meant pain.

Does this sound familiar?  If so, it's possible that you need help or you know someone who needs help.  Here is the good news, are you ready for this?  Depression is curable!  Antidepressants aren't for those with clinical depression.  If you have clinical depression neurofeedback is the first mode of therapy to think about.

Keep following to read more about my personal experiences with depression and neurofeedback this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment