Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Living with Depression (Part 4)

My success in combat with depression didn’t exactly begin or end with neurofeedback.  I knew years before I knew anything about neurofeedback that I had to change my lifestyle completely.  For example, I had to change the way I thought.  This was, however,  easier to do after the neurofeedback therapy I admit.  These days, I MUST be positive.  I eat much better than I did ten years ago too; I avoid refined foods and sugars and refined white flour as much as I can.  I also nourish my body with fresh whole foods and whole food vitamins.

When you battle a condition like depression which takes over your whole life, I strongly believe it is important that while you focus on strengthening where your body is weak, you make the rest of your body strong as well.  In order to do that, you must change how you think and how you live.  When you do this, you WILL steal your life back from the dark side and show the world what you are truly made of.

I’m finally in a place where I can have a beautiful relationship with my family and friends.  I can live a happy life with my husband who could never have found a place in my unhappy world before.  I can see my future with faith and hope.  I’m saying this hoping that depressed individuals know it is possible for them too.  You won’t believe the beauty in your life when it hits you.

So I encourage those with depression to go after the life I KNOW that you can have.  Leave the darkness for the clouds on a delicious rainy day that you can enjoy before the sun comes out reminding you that even in your new life the bad days will come to an end and you will smile again.  Get well, live well and be well my friends!

http://www.eeginfo.com

2 comments:

  1. I BELIEVE IF ONE HAS ALOT OF FAMILY SUPPORT IT REALLY HELPS. I BELIEVE WHEN ONE HAS SOMEONE THEY KNOW THEY CAN JUST LET IT ALL OUT REALLY HELPS. PERSONALLY, I FEEL A WHOLE LOT BETTER WHEN I TALK TO SOMEONE WHO IS WILLING TO LISTEN. I FOUND THAT IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE WHEN ONE DOES NOT HAVE THAT. I'VE COME ACROSS PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT WILLING TO JUST TALK ABOUT ANYTHING. WHICH I THINK IS VERY UNFORTUNATE! I THANK GOD THAT I'M NOT LIKE THAT. AS I SAID BEFORE I LOVE TO TALK ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you talking does indeed help. It is especially helpful because it may encourage the one living with depression to go and get more help.

    ReplyDelete