Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chiropractic

I got my first adjustment from a chiropractor I worked with in California several years ago. Once the torture...I mean therapy was finished I vowed that no one would EVER touch my back again. A few years later, the migraines that I used to suffer from occasionally, started hitting me frequently. It felt like as soon as I was over one the next one would be along any second. It's impossible to describe with words how frightening and frustrating it was. It affected everything; work, school and EVERYTHING. When I had a migraine, looking at a television, computer monitor or even the screen on my phone was the best possible way to turn the pain way up. When I say turn the pain way up I mean from excruciating to “Holy guillotine!” kind of WAY up. A brilliant acupuncturist did some work on my neck a few years ago and the migraine I came into her office with was gone within hours. That is how I learned that the problem was in my cervical spine. I visited her every time I had a migraine from that day on.

About ten months ago I was in so much pain that I called every ND I knew trying to find an orthopedist. I finally saw one and he was a monster disappointment. Weeks after I saw him I bit the bullet and saw a highly recommended chiropractor named Dr. Chris Pellow from this nationwide group known as Maximized Living. There were times I left his office in tears because he wasn’t able to make the pain go away as quickly as my much missed acupuncturist, however, after four months of treatment my visits started to pay off. I remember getting what felt like a small migraine, but dissipated after about a day; this has NEVER happened before. About two months ago we had to change chiropractors because it became so difficult to make that 45 minute drive three times per week. Of course, we found someone else from Maximized Living. He is also excellent! A few weeks ago I had what at first felt like a migraine, but apparently wasn’t since I was able to watch movies with my husband and work on my computer without turning up the pain. I can’t remember when I last had a bad migraine. I also had on and off low back problems for about five years now. After our new chiropractor, Dr. Joe Arvay, really worked on my low back and gave me exercises to do at home for two weeks, I finally found relief.

In my experience one must be so careful when looking for a chiropractor but so far the Maximized Living chiropractors have been amazing. I recommend them to anyone. The thing that I love most about them is that they are doctors and educators. They teach you how to make your body healthy, strong and fit. They aren’t just professional back crackers, they are healers.

No comments:

Post a Comment