Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mealworms

I can perfectly understand why some would find mealworms gross.  Five years ago, I wouldn't even be watching this video.  I just knew that if I want to learn more about raising livestock, it's necessary to learn about mealworms; especially since I'm considering raising geese and chickens and these birds LOVE mealworms.

If I do raise these birds, I would want to raise pastured birds as opposed to this crazy grain feeding nonsense that we do today.  There is a way to dry mealworms to preserve them for the winter when pastured birds don't have many bugs to eat.  This is one important reason why mealworms are so important to a farmer who raises pastured birds.

I hope you learn from this video, but if you are a farmer who raises pastured birds and you have more information, your comments would be most valued!


No comments:

Post a Comment