Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fluoride in Kombucha: Should You Be Concerned?

When I saw this article, I admit that I was alarmed at first because I so LOVE kombucha.  If you read the whole article, however, you will find some encouraging news.  For one thing, organic teas tend to have far less fluoride than the conventional tea; I've been buying ONLY organic tea.  If you ferment your tea for longer, it will also reduce the fluoride; I tend to ferment mine for double the suggested time.  It's also suggested not to steep the tea for longer than ten minutes; I tend to steep mine for about eight minutes.  Of course, if you use filtered water (as in water that does not contain fluoride), then that too should decrease the amount of fluoride in your kombucha.

There are other suggestions and other information in the article so I would encourage you to read it.  The above is mostly what I've taken away from it.

Fluoride in Kombucha: Should You Be Concerned?

No comments:

Post a Comment