Tuesday, November 19, 2013

GAPS Introduction Diet, Week 1 - Plan to Eat - Plan to Eat

I found this article as I was doing my daily research.  The author talks about her experience on the introductory GAPS diet.  I had some trouble with it too.  I suppose most people do since you don't eat much more than bone soup, ginger and honey.  I admit that I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I got through the introductory diet though.  There were times when my candida was so bad that I was practically immobile.  To the author of the article below, I guess that makes me one of the lucky ones.  But there are other issues that I'm having with the full GAPS diet right now because of other diet restrictions.  Believe me, that puts me right back in the same boat.

My main source of probiotics is sauerkraut because I'm sensitive to dairy, soy and kombucha right now; which stinks because that REALLY decreases my options of probiotic rich foods.  No dairy rules out yogurt, no soy rules out miso soup and no kombucha... well... that just rules out kombucha!

So to the author of this video, I know that it's hard, but hang in there!  The good thing about GAPS is that it wasn't designed to be a permanent situation for anyone.

GAPS Introduction Diet, Week 1 - Plan to Eat - Plan to Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment