Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Urban Farmers

Just because you are a city slicker doesn't mean that you can't raise food.  It just means that you have some challenges with space and city codes... challenges, but not road blocks.

On the Be Well My Friends facebook page, I posted pictures the other day of what one can do with a small backyard and there was even a picture of someone raising food on their fire-escape.  All you need is a small amount of outdoor space and a little creativity.

As you raise food in your small space, you learn about gardening which is part of the benefits.  I've always had a black thumb. This is why I have been procrastinating for the past two years.  I mean, I came up with many other excuses, but the main reason why was because I was afraid of the many plants that would die because I lacked the skills to care for them properly.  This year I decided to take the risk, figure things out as I go and learn from my failures.  No matter what happens, it will be completely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment