Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Beware of Ecover!




Do you see the difference?  I thought it was just the packaging too; unfortunately that's not all that is different.  I've learned my lesson the hard way.  Always, always, always read the ingredients when there is a change in the packaging.  It happened with Biokleen and now with Ecover.

The bottle on your left is Ecover's old dish washing liquid.  It was a product that I preferred even though it wasn't perfect.  The bottle on the right, however, is the new and NOT even somewhat improved formula.  To my shock and horror, Ecover added SLS to their dish detergent.  I have recently switched to Earth Friendly's products and I hope, hope, hope that they keep the integrity of their products.


2 comments:

  1. What happened with Biokleen? I use their laundry detergent...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind sodium laurel sulfate, then you're okay. I avoid it as I do other toxins; so when Biokleen started using it in their laundry AND dish detergent, I stopped using them.

    ReplyDelete