Monday, March 11, 2013

My Poor Sore Back

My back is slowly and efficiently healing.  It feels MUCH better than it did a week ago.  When your back is injured, there are very few things that you can accomplish without a lot of difficulty and pain.  Because of this, it is so easy to freak out about a back injury even when it's as minor as mine.

The first thing that I did was make an appointment with my doctor.  My primary health care provider happens to also be a BRILLIANT chiropractor.  She has had a part in healing my back before, so I knew she could help me with this issue as well.  She taped a part of it up (which surprisingly helped tremendously) and instructed me to ice it.  I followed her instructions and occasionally took some Kali C. (homeopathy) for the pain (which she agreed was a good idea).  Over the past week there has been a tremendous reduction in pain.  If this continues, I don't foresee any issue with back pain a week from today except for maybe some chronic stiffness which can be relieved with stretching and exercise.  I'm hoping to start working out again in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment