Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Beekeeping

Beekeeping is a practice that I foresee myself having to learn.  With Monsanto destroying all of the bee populations with their nonsense, I feel that having bees will be an important addition to the livestock that I will be raising.

I admit that I have a few concerns.  I tend to fear bugs that sting or bite.  The reason why I have a heart for bees despite their sharp tails, is because of the important role that they play on this planet and because honey is such a wonderfully medicinal food (not to mention yummy) as is bee pollen.  Another concern I have is just not knowing much about how to care for bees; for example, how to shield them from the cold or predators.

I know that beekeeping is a skill like everything else, but I get nervous when lives are on the line.  It bothers me to see my plants die; I would have continuous nightmares if a whole bee colony died because I didn't know what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment