Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Antibiotics

I stand by my premise that traditional medicine (or mainstream healthcare) has its place. Once upon a time, I would've said the same about antibiotics; that it has it's place. Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to say that with confidence anymore.

There's so many dangers to taking antibiotics and the fact that there are alternatives, like oregano oil, why would one take the risk? For some, the answer to that question would be because they're not sure of the efficacy of herbal antibiotics like oregano oil or goldenseal. I can't say that I blame them, when your sick, figuring out which doctor to listen to can be a tricky business unless it's someone that you know and trust. I usually listen to my doctor, but not everyone has the benefits of a doctor who practices science based medicine as opposed to the doctors who are trained by Big Pharma influenced institutions.

One of many reasons why this blog is such a blessing for me, is because the amount of research that I need to do on pathologies and the validity of the different treatments whether mainstream or alternative.  I've learned so much that it's now very clear to me when the naturopathic doctors that I've chosen are golden or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment