Monday, January 6, 2014

Seaweed Tends To Be Highly Recommended

Dulse is a seaweed that was highly recommended to many who have candida. One article suggested that dulse is high in probiotics, but I haven't heard anyone back that with research so I take that piece of information with a grain of salt. Dulse, however, is still a seaweed that is very high in the particularly necessary nutrients for Candida sufferers like iodine and selenium.

I started to make a habit of sprinkling a little bit of dulse flakes on my steak. This way, the iodine can contribute to killing the candida, the selenium can contribute to removing its toxins, the probiotics in the sauerkraut help to replenish the gut flora and the saturated fats in the meat help repair the enterocytes. So right there is a lunch that helps me fight the disease that I have suffered from for most of my life from several angles.

Dulse flakes are not the only kind of seaweed, obviously. I just happen to find them very affordable and versatile in its use in recipes. I've use them in soups and salads but most of all on my steak. But I also enjoy nori snacks, kelp powder and perhaps when I'm able to eat beans again, I can enjoy my kombu seaweed as well.  All are healthful and helpful in fighting candida.

No comments:

Post a Comment