Thursday, January 16, 2014

Socialized Healthcare (Followup for yesterday's post)

When the American people were told that we will be able to keep our old health insurance, that was quite obviously a broken promise (to be polite).  Hundreds of thousands of Americans had to switch to a far more expensive healthcare plan. I want to use this opportunity to vent how it affected me.

For just about any health ailment, my husband and I use a flex card to pay for our healthcare needs. The only health insurance we actually need is emergency care in case we need to go to the hospital. Emergency care is no longer available because of the laws that revolve around socialized healthcare. Therefore, my husband and I will have to pay a lot more money for health care services that I'm absolutely certain we will never use. So instead of spending that money on our own health care needs we are as good as putting more money into a black hole.  Thankfully, there are other options that we will be looking into.

Restricting the choices of American citizens does not make a better America. I understand that there are people who need health insurance, but this is not the way to get it for them.  Hudreds of thousands of Americans and I are all hoping that this nightmare goes away sometime very soon; many of them are Americans who can't afford healthcare OR the fine that they will need to pay because they can't afford healthcare.

No comments:

Post a Comment