Monday, March 3, 2014

Vitamin E

We've talked about the benefits of vitamin D and leaky gut syndrome.  Vitamin E also plays a role in gut repair among other things.

Vitamin E was something that I used to put on my skin almost daily.  I learned about it from a girlfriend of mine when I was 13.  She had the chickenpox and applied vitamin E oil on her scars.  Within weeks, you wouldn't even know that she had the chickenpox.  That's when I learned that vitamin E was great stuff for external healing.  But it's also fabulous for internal healing as well.

A vitamin E supplement would be especially good for those who have leaky gut that manifests in the form of eczema.  Taken internally or out, it repairs tissue and protects it with it's antioxidant properties.  What I didn't know is that it also has immune building properties as well.

So if you are healing your leaky gut, vitamin D is great to consider, but so is E.  Make sure you have some in your diet.  Nuts (like almonds), seeds, olive oil, avocados, greens and seafood like fish and shellfish are high in vitamin E.  Nuts, seeds and olive oil seemed to have vitamin E content that is higher than other foods.  But hey, I say try them all!  Why not?  All those foods are rich in many other nutrients and variety in one's diet is always advisable when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment