Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Importance of L-Glutamine

Now I have a better understanding of why bone soup is so important in the GAPS diet.  One reason is because the fats help heal and repair tissue, but the other is for L-glutamine that also plays a part in healing the gut lining.  L-glutamine is an essential part of the GAPS diet and no wonder!  It is an amino acid and amino acids make tissue repairs.  L-glutamine tends to target the repair of the gut lining.

The L-glutamine factor also explains something that has puzzled me for several months now. The need for L-glutamine explains why if I lack red meat I can easily become fatigued or even sick.  My body needs red meat almost every day.  I can go a few days without red meat if I eat chicken, but I eventually need beef or goat.  This ALSO explains why there was a time when some doctors used amino acids to treat clinical depression.  According to Dr. Campbell-McBride, the "mental conditions" such as depression, ADD, autism as well as many others are all a result of leaky gut syndrome.  There are amino acids like L-glutamine that make repairs in the body.  Repair the leaky gut, then all of those nasty medical conditions like depression go away!





1 comment:

  1. Amino acid supplements may help you recover faster, improve performance and help build muscle.Supplementing with amino acids can aid in the formation of hormones, enzymes. glutamine is heavily metabolized.
    New chapter vitamins

    ReplyDelete