Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Caprylic Acid

Caprylic acid is one of the many medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil. On this blog I have written numerous times about the healing power of coconut oil. On numerous occasions I have labeled the coconut as a superfood; if you knew about the nutritional and medicinal benefits of coconuts one need not ask why.

In one of many leaky gut healing protocols, there is a doctor who highly recommends caprylic acid. One benefit of many, if not most or even all medium chain fatty acids is that they fight many disease causing microbes including Candida. Candida is usually the main cause of leaky gut syndrome. This is why a fungal killer is most vital in a leaky gut healing protocol. One doctor highly recommended caprylic acid, therefore coconut oil is as important in his protocol as bone soup is in Dr. Natasha Campell McBride's GAPS diet.

When I first started the GAPS diet, I wasn't able to eat coconut oil for some reason. Now that I've been on the gaps diet for a while I can eat it without a problem. I'm seeing a lot of other improvements in my overall health which is very encouraging.  Because of this, to all who suffer from autoimmune disease, I highly recommend seeing a health professional about healing your leaky gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment