Friday, May 24, 2013

Green Banana Porridge

When I saw this video it made me ESPECIALLY eager to successfully get through my GAPS diet and become a vibrantly healthy woman!  I never knew about green banana porridge, but it sounds really, really good!  It's off the menu for me right now, but it doesn't hurt to have incentives to get healthy as quickly as possible.

Once again, remember this is the regular recipe.  Since we are all health focused individuals, we need to be sensible about substituting some of these ingredients with healthy ones.  For example, I hope you use organic grass fed raw cow's milk instead of the mainstream type milk.  If you aren't a milk drinker at all, (or if you are vegan), you could make your own almond or walnut milk and use that instead.  Milk drinker or not, I would advise EVERYONE against condense milk to sweeten because of the questionable quality of condensed milk (it's canned milk and they use CAFO raised, GMO grain fed cow's milk; not to mention the GMO sugar in the condensed milk).  To sweeten this porridge, I believe that maple syrup is the best candidate.  If you are not one to consume maple syrup, honey, coconut crystals, pineapple juice or ripe bananas would work equally well.

Substitute the nasty stuff with real food and this could be a delicious, filling and healthy Sunday morning breakfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment