Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Green Banana Porridge Correction

I just received a phone call from my father who corrected me on what I said in my last post.  I said that the banana to use is a large cooking banana.  I also said that I've never cooked the bananas that we're all familiar with, but it may very well work... well, dad just confirmed today that they will.

I didn't think that the bananas that we commonly eat will work in this recipe merely because of my personal experience.  The only bananas that I've ever actually seen anyone cook are those large cooking bananas.  It was those same bananas that was used in the video as well.  I actually cooked a regular ripe banana once, and it came out kind of soggy and mushy... not like how it comes out when I cook those ripe cooking bananas.

So I stand corrected, and apologize.  The good news is, it will be MUCH easier to find the main ingredient for this recipe.  So find yourself a green banana, make your family a nice warm bowl of porridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment