Monday, July 7, 2014

Intro GAPS

I'm finally doing the intro GAPS diet; I'm doing it by the book and I can already feel it working.  It's also MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be.  I make a pot of soup and just eat and snack on it all day long.  I stopped drinking the tea recommended to me by my nutritionist months ago, and then started drinking it again about a month ago.  I realized again, that it seems to be doing more harm than good, so I'm ditching it.  I will be looking to drink the ginger tea as instructed by Dr. Natasha.

The reason why I think one stays on the intro for a while is because they are trying to build their gut flora.  I'm able to eat MORE probiotic food and juice than one is suppose to on the introduction diet which is awesome because it is a head start.  Another advantage is the anti-fungal oil tablets that my doctor gave me. Between that and the massive amount of probiotic foods and drinks that I'm ingesting, I'm going to be on the second stage of this diet relatively soon regardless of the fact that I just started about a week ago.

I already can see that I will not need to be on this diet for very much longer.  I'm very excited about that.  I've been on this diet for SO long and I thought that I would never be able to progress.  Now, I'm mostly focused on healing my gut lining which may happen a little more quickly than expected because of the HUGE amount of probiotics in my diet.  I look forward to the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment