Friday, June 13, 2014

Three Reasons to Eat Turmeric - Dr. Weil

Turmeric is amazing food!  I love, love, love curry, but my new favorite treat is turmeric milk.  Dr. Weil only named THREE of the many, many benefits of eating turmeric.

Besides being an herb that makes my chicken and chick peas delicious, it has served as a healer for me and others.  I remember a time when I had horrible back pain.  After two weeks of drinking turmeric milk, my back pain temporarily vanished.  Once I stopped drinking the turmeric milk habitually, it came back.  Now, don't get me wrong, there was a problem that needed to be addressed and once it was, I had no more back pain for good.  However, I had to note that it was remarkable that this food was a pain medication on top of everything else.  A farmer also shared a story about when his livestock became sick.  He couldn't give it medication to kill the pathogen because it was a certified organic livestock.  He really thought that he would lose the poor sick bird.  One day, he started to put turmeric in its feed.  He was SO surprised; but the chicken started to heal miraculously! Our fethered friend was back with her pack before she knew it!

When I came across the article below, I decided to post it even though three reasons don't even scrape the surface of the rockstar food that turmeric is.  The three reasons that Dr. Weil has, however, are three GOOD reasons.  Enjoy the article!

Three Reasons to Eat Turmeric - Dr. Weil

No comments:

Post a Comment