Thursday, June 12, 2014

Ginger Yummies!

Ginger is one of my favorite treats on the planet.  Not only is it just simply good stuff, but having a history of gastrointestinal problems, it was also medicinal for me and soothing for my stomach.  There was a time when I kept ginger candy in my purse because of these occational attacks of nausea that I used to get. I'm SO glad those days are over!  But I still love that gingery flavor!

I was so happy when I came across the recipe below!  I added it to my Pinterest, but I did't post it on FB because there is one aspect that bothered me... sugar.  I'm simply not in the habit of promoting recipes that utilize sugar except for fermented foods like kefir or kombucha.  I wonder if there is any alternative; maybe maple sugar or crystalized honey?  I'm not sure yet, but you can be sure that I will be doing some experimentation!  How I would love to make my own ginger candy!

If you have any alternatives to the sugar in this recipe, please let me know in the comments below!  (Click *here* for the recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment