Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Growing Food Sustainably with Aquaponics using Fish as Your Fertilizer

I love it! There is an inn in Maui that not only uses an aquaponic system, but they have an entire system of growing food right there in on the hotel property.  The systems are to feed the guests/customers and to teach them about sustainable farming.  They are using many ideas that I'm researching myself; but they've given me some further insight that I will be researching as well.

I must admit that I'm not diggin' the idea of feeding compost worms cola.  I would rather give them something that they could really benefit from.  If they eat well, they will make great compost that your plants will love.  So that's one suggestion I will definitely not be using.

Other than that, I felt that this video offered a lot of wonderful information.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment