Friday, September 13, 2013

GAPS Update

I haven't been on the GAPS diet for very long.  I've only been on it for less than 6 months, but I feel REALLY good.

I've just completed the introductory GAPS diet and will probably be able to eat more raw foods in a few weeks.  The only "raw" foods that I eat are apples, pears and cultured vegetables.  The real proof that my health is improving happened just this past weekend.  My poor hubby picked up a cold.  He came home on Friday with a scratchy throat, and was coughing all weekend.  Usually, when he gets sick, I get sick very soon after... but not this time.  He has been sick for days, but I haven't had any issues or symptoms at all.  The gut flora is the first line of defense; when that is healthy it's harder for an individual to get sick.

I'm looking forward to more improvements, but in the meantime I must admit that I'm really happy and grateful for my progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment